Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Do You Have To Soak Porridge Oats

The Baxter Building

There
Lacking is one thing in this model: the size. Galactus is a huge cosmic entity, and I want to Communicate the feeling of a gargantuan size, of Something out of this world. The base will make it possible. You know the size of Something by Comparing it with Something Else. I will use the Baxter Building as a reference.
One thing's missing from this figure: the size. Galactus is an enormous cosmic entity, and I want to convey a sense of extraordinary size, something out of this world. The base will make it possible. We know the size of something by comparing it with something else. Baxter will use the building as a reference.
blind
After a first try, I Decided to make Things right. I made a Google search, and found That the Baxter Building is Located in New York, Between the 42nd Street and Madison Avenue, and it's 35 stories tall. This part to the city is full of buildings, and I need a clear zone for Galactus to stand over, so I Took a little license, and place the building a bit closer to the New York City Library.
I Used Google Earth to make a template of the zone.
After a first attempt in the dark, I decided to make things right. I did a Google search and found that the Baxter Building is located in New York, between 42nd Street and Madison Avenue, and is 35 stories tall. This part of the city is full of buildings, and needed Galactus open area to float on it, so I took a little license, and let the building a little closer to the New York Public Library.
used Google Earth to make a pattern in the area.
With a needle, I Mark the corners on the paper, transfering Those points to the plastic beneath.
With a needle, I marked the corners on paper, transfer these points to the plastic underneath.
The streets, and a paper model of the Baxter Building.
The caracters in the streets, and a paper model of the building Baxter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment